You read it right friends, Chewbacca. Chewbacca might be the coolest character ever created by man. Think about it: he’s a wookie, is 8-feet tall, sports a cross-bow, and can rip the arms off any human. That is awesome.
Outside of the legions of Star Wars fans dying to be like Chewbacca, there are many other references of Chewbacca in counter-culture. Using Google alone, there are over millions of references to Chewbacca. Here are some of them:
- Chewbacca is the last surviving Wookie. Imagine being the last surviving human, hard to do right?
- Chewbacca received the lifetime achievement award at the MTV Movie awards.
- Chewbacca made it with Captain Yar’s girlfriend.
- Chewbacca is in the lyrics of The Roof is on Fire by The Bloodhound Gang.
- Chewbacca talks in gutteral noises and others can understand him. He’s simply too cool for words.
- Chewbacca once ripped the arms off of a storm trooper and beat him to death with them.
- Chewbacca influenced Johnny Cochrane to use the “Chewbacca Defense” in Southpark
- In the movie Clerks, there is a song about Chewbacca sung none by Supernova:
Stay tuned for more character references from the Captains. Word has it Captain Kirk likes those Klingons.